- Baking sheet
- Ice cube trays
- Butternut Squash
- Cooking oil spray (I like to use olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Slice squash in half.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Lay squash cut side down on greased baking sheet.
- Bake about an hour, or until squash is soft.
- scoop squash out of the shell and into the blender.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour puree into ice trays.
Once frozen, break the cubes and put them in a labeled gallon zip close bag. Write Butternut Squash and the date prepared on the bag. When you’re ready to use them, just take out how many cubes you want and let them thaw at room temperature or microwave them (2 cubes=40 seconds).