My son absolutely loves having his hand traced, so when this idea caught my eye while browsing through Pinterest, I knew we had to make them!
Here’s what you need:
- Cardstock paper or thick construction paper (color is your choice)
- Markers or crayons
How to make it:
- Start by folding your paper in half. Have your little one place their hand on the paper with the heel of their hand near the folded seam. Trace their hand.
- Cut out the hand print.
- Cut out a heart on a different color of paper.
- Let your little one color the handprint.
- Then, using your thick paper, cut a small strip about 1″ x 1/4″ thick. Next, you will want to bend the strip to where it looks like an accordion.
- Glue one end of the strip to the middle of the heart and allow to dry.
- Once dry, glue the other end to your handprint.
- Write a cute saying on the front and the inside.
- “Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “We love you!”
- “You stole my heart!”
- “I heart you!”
I think it’s super cute to replace word’s like “heart” and “love” with the cut out pop-up heart!
Give to Mama’s, Daddy’s, Grandparents, etc. for Valentine’s Day. They will love and cherish this keepsake valentine!